Nutritional composition of beef liver
A common myth is that the liver stores toxins. To the contrary, the liver filters toxins and stores vitamins and minerals.
And, throughout most of human history, liver has been preferred over steak in many cultures with robust health, regarded as a source of great strength and myriad health promoting powers.*
As mentioned above, beef liver is rich in protein and packed with essential vitamins and minerals.* But in order for it to be beneficial, it must come from happy, healthy cows.
Organic 3 Beef Liver is grass fed beef liver in its purest form; non-defatted and as close to nature as possible. The cows who help make Organic 3 Beef Liver are pasture raised, grazing exclusively on rapidly growing grass that sprouts from rich soil in New Zealand.
Here are the nutrients found in beef liver (please note, since all of these nutrients are naturally occurring, the levels in your Organic 3 Beef Liver Capsules will vary):
- Vitamin B12: Supports healthy brain function and the formation of red blood cells and DNA.*
- Vitamin A: Supports normal vision, reproduction and kidney, heart and immune function.*
- Copper: Supports the activation of enzymes, which then help regulate energy production, iron metabolism and brain function.*
- Riboflavin: Supports cellular development and function and helps convert food into energy.*
- Folate: Supports cell growth and the formation of DNA.*
- Heme iron: Helps carry oxygen around the body (iron in liver is heme iron, the kind most easily absorbed by the body).*
- Choline: Supports brain development and liver function.*
Very informative, thank you!