What Makes Smidge Sensitive Probiotics So Effective?
You also won't find common allergens or unnecessary ingredients. Another plus? No prebiotics, like inulin or maltodextrin.
After decades of research and feedback from practitioners, scientists, professionals and those with a vested interest in intestinal health, we formulated this blend to help restore digestion and elimination while aiding in the breakdown and assimilation of nutrients. So you can garner all of the benefits from these powerful, small batch probiotic capsules.
And because the capsules are less condensed than the powder, they're ideal for those just starting probiotics. They're also great for travel!
Smidge contains only the highest-quality probiotic bacteria. All strains have been thoroughly researched, documented and banked in recognized microbial culture collections. Further, all strains are non-GMO and American Type Culture Collection certified.
Below is a list of ingredients in Smidge, and information on why we’ve included them:
- gasseri:Lactobacillus gasseri is a strain of the genus Lactobacillus, a family of bacteria naturally found human digestive and urinary tracts. L. gasseri is thought to suppress harmful bacteria, in turn, aiding digestion.
- salivarius:Lactobacillus salivarius is one of the most prevalent probiotic species in human saliva.
- bifidum: Bifidobacteria are a group of good bacteria that normally live in the human intestines and stomach. They help the body perform essential functions like digestion and the maintenance of beneficial bacteria.
- breve:Bifidobacterium breve is one of the most helpful probiotic bacteria in the human body due to its unique in its ability to compete with harmful bacteria by digesting a large variety of molecules. It also comprises the majority of bacteria in the colons of breastfed babies.
- infantis: Bifidobacterium infantis is a type of beneficial lactic acid bacteria naturally found in the human mouth and gastrointestinal tract; and it helps maintain a healthy digestive tract.
- Longum:Bifidobacterium longum is a species of microscopic, non-pathogenic bacteria found naturally in the gastrointestinal tracts of humans. It produces lactic acid from the fermentation of sugar in the gut and is one of the first bacteria to colonize our bodies at birth.
- lactis:Bifidobacterium lactis is an effective transient probiotic bacteria that inhabits the human intestines and the colon in great numbers. Generally, its function is to break down body waste and aid in the absorption of various vitamins and minerals.
- plantarum:Lactobacillus plantarum is a plant-based, beneficial probiotic strain that’s naturally found in fermented foods like sauerkraut.
Studies show the strains in this blend can help kick start the digestive system, maximize the absorption of nutrients from your yummy real food diet, and ultimately, support the entire immune system.*
Here are some of the key, scientifically-backed health benefits of these strains (more info and sources in our ingredients section):
- They support comfy, healthy digestion, including minimizing gas, bloating and abdominal pain; helping to digest challenging foods, establishing healthy gut bacteria and maintaining regularity by easing constipation and occasional diarrhea.*
- They support microvilli in the production and synthesis of vitamins, especially B vitamins that include folate, biotin, thiamine, nicotinic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin and B12.*
- They regulate and strengthen the immune system.*
- They keep inflammation in check.*
- They support a buoyant mood and clear mind.*
- They promote smooth, healthy skin.*
- And they may even support the teeth and your oral health.*
This formula is also ideal for people who are embarking on their health journeys or taking their first bites in dietary protocols, like:
GAPS, SIBO, Body Ecology,
Paleo, AIP, Ketogenic,
Gluten-free, soy-free and casein-free.
(Please note that while this probiotic may be suitable for people on these diets, we do not claim it cures the health conditions that prompt the diets.)
Athletes, biohackers and people passionate about real food also use our Sensitive Probiotic capsules as an integral part of their wellness routines. We've even heard from happy customers who take it as part of their beauty regimens, for glowing skin and hair.*
Disclaimer:*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.